We are actively monitoring the health advice and will continue to provide updates to members.
Our priority continues to be to keep ASU members safe and working.
Working this Christmas
If you’re working over the Christmas period make sure you’re paid correctly.
In NSW and the ACT there are four public holidays this holiday season:
- Friday, December 25th Christmas Day
- Saturday, December 26th Boxing Day
- Monday, December 28th Additional Boxing Day Public Holiday
- Friday, January 1st New Year’s Day
Without unions, we wouldn’t have weekends, annual leave or penalty rates for working public holidays.
Your Union Office
Our office will be closed from midday on 24 December and we will reopen at 9am on Monday 4 January 2021.
If you have an urgent matter during this time please call 0477 551 421 to access our emergency hotline.
From January 4th all ASU members can access our Member Assistance Line by calling (02) 9310 4000. Alternatively – you can request a call back at a time that suits you. You can also find information about your pay and conditions on our website.
In 2020 we faced bushfires, floods, drought, a global pandemic and recession. Despite the many challenges of the year we were able to:
- Recover over $13 million in unpaid wages for ASU members
- Save over 12,000 jobs
- Secure Paid Pandemic Leave for all workers and Covid Care Allowance for 1000s
- Ensure ASU members could access priority COVID testing and PPE
- Provide free training to over 2,500 members
- Establish Jobs Connect to help ASU members find additional work
- Protect community and social work degrees from fee hikes
- Welcome over 4,000 new union members
- Support over 10,000 members with individual advice and support – helping with redundancies, roster changes and pay rates
- Save Equal Pay for community and disability workers
In 2021 we will continue to be by members’ side.