Being an ASU member means that you are part of a 14,000 member strong organisation united to protect and improve wages, working conditions and your rights at work. Members get access to expert support, information, tools and resources to help you navigate your career.
We are by your side every step of the way, with you when and where it’s needed. We support our members throughout their lives.
As an ASU member you can access support at times like:
- Studying and starting work
- Advancing your career
- Dealing with issues at work
- Significant life changes
- Help with daily life
- Preparing for retirement.
If you haven't already, you can join the ASU online right now!
Start your new job on the right foot with great resources for first-time job seekers and anyone changing careers.
- Contract Guide - check you’re being paid right from day one!
- Latest insider industry information
- Online courses (including How to Nail Your Next Job Interview)
- Expert advice on employment rights and changing jobs
If you're a student check out the ASU Students website to join for free!
We work to make sure there are career paths and training in every workplace. Members can also access on-demand courses run by experts via our member-only online ASU Career Launchpad.
- Boost your IT skills - Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Launch into Leadership - leading others & decision making
- Learn how to manage high performing teams
- Keep up to date with sector specific courses
We also provide free membership to your professional body, The Australian College of Community and Disability Practitioners.
Members can call our Member Assistance Line for confidential advice and support about any issue at work. This year alone we recovered over $1.6 million in unpaid wages for ASU members.
- Help with rosters, pay and leave entitlements
- Assistance with bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Free Professional Indemnity Insurance for members working in the Social, Community, and Disability sectors
- Understanding your rights at work
ASU members are never alone at work. Call us today on (02) 9310 4000.
Your union membership doesn’t stop at work. We’re by your side, every step of the way.
- Help accessing leave when you need it
- Free consultation with union lawyers Slater & Gordon
- Discounted home, car and health insurance
- Free will kit for all union members (worth $199) - click here to access this member benefit!
Expecting a new addition to your family? Get in touch for your ASU Parent Kit, plus we’ll cover your subscription while you are away from work.
As an ASU member you can take advantage of the collective buying power of more than 1.8 million union members across Australia to get big discounts with Member Advantage.
- 5% off at Woolworth, Coles and Caltex
- Cut price dining and discounts at big brands including JB Hi-Fi, Myer, Priceline and Specsavers
- Discounted holidays with Flight Centre and Booking.com
- Your membership is tax deductible!
Your membership also includes free journey insurance to keep you covered to and from work.
Only ASU members get the expert industrial advice to plan their transition to retirement:
- Support accessing flexible work arrangements
- Information on taking long-service leave
- Help checking your superannuation health
- Free consultation with Slater and Gordon Lawyers
You can also join our Forever ASU Proud Network to continue your Union activism in retirement.