Somehow we're almost halfway through 2021.
Here are some of the ASU achievements this year.
So far in 2021 we have:
- Won a 2.5% pay rise for 2.3 million workers
- Recovered over $528,930 in unpaid wages for ASU members
- Supported nearly 4,000 members with individual advice and support – helping with redundancies, roster changes and pay rates
- Provided free training to over 2,500 members
- Established a Professional Development Program for Community and Disability Practitioners
- Trained 75 new delegates
- Trained new Health and Safety Representatives
- Added over 65 member-only on-demand courses to ASU Career Launchpad
- Hosted 22 ASU College Webinars providing professional development in the community sector
- Booked phone appointments for over 400 members through our call back service
- Won big changes to superannuation
- Published the Working From Home When Home Isn’t Safe guide for organisations to help protect workers experiencing family violence when working from home.
- Won significant Award improvements
- Launched NDIS Platform Provider Network
- Stopped a $56 million cut to homelessness services
Held Hub Days in Penrith, Wollongong, Newcastle and Lismore regional offices
- Launched Workers Make the Difference campaign for portable entitlements
- Held hundreds of workplace meetings
- Negotiated over 20 Enterprise Agreements
- Welcomed over 1,700 new members
- Been by members' side – every step of the way.
Share this post: